Savings, Checking & Share Certificates
Establishing a savings account is your first step to member-ownership with Hawaii Schools Federal Credit Union. An initial deposit as low as $25.00 is all it takes to join and experience:
- High dividends paid quarterly on average daily balances of $25 or more
- Federal insurance of up to $250,000 by the NCUA through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund
- $25.00 minimum balance requirement
- No maximum balance limit
- Available as a single, joint, single/joint with beneficiary(s) or living trust ownership
- Full-Service account access with our Downtown Branch, Account Access by Phone, On-line Account Access, eStatement, and mail.
- Access to our diverse line of financial products and services
For higher rates and dividends, open a Share Certificate with us for a minimum deposit of $2,500. Our rates and terms are very competitive and a great way for you to build your savings. Here’s why you should open a Share Certificate:
- Guaranteed or fixed rate of return. You decide which term and rate you want
- A wide range of short and long term investing with terms between 6 months and 60 months
- Share certificates are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a US government agency. Each account is federally insured up to $250,000, so you know your funds are safe and sound.
Super Saver Share Certificate
For a maximum deposit of $1,000, open the highest yielding 1-year, share certificate of all Hawaii financial institutions called a Super Saver Share Certificate. Nowhere else can you get a higher yielding rate of 3.00% APY on a share certificate. It’s a guaranteed, fixed rate of return, and is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a US government agency up to $250,000.
For the highest yielding holiday savings account of any Hawaii financial institution, open a Holiday Club Savings account at Hawaii Schools Federal Credit Union and earn up to 1.00% APY. Minimum opening deposit is $5. Maximum deposit amount per month is $200.
We can also assist you with making arrangements for automatic contributions to your Holiday Club Savings Account via transfers from your Hawaii Schools Federal Credit Union checking or savings account, or via direct deposit from your paycheck. Signing up is easy. Click here to fill out an application and then fax it back to 538-3231.
This is the best holiday savings account in town so don’t delay, open a Holiday Club Savings Account today! For more information, call our branch at 521-0302.
Take advantage of our Checking Account program that offers convenience, saves you money and pays you back at the same time.
An initial deposit of $25 is all it takes to open your checking account and receive these terrific benefits:
- Free of monthly service fees
- Free of minimum balance requirement
- Free of check writing fees
- Free ATM card
- Free access to your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with On-line Account Access
- Free eStatements
- Free Online Bill Payer access
- Free 24-hour access with Account Access by Phone
- Optional overdraft protection
For current rates, click here.
Important Information: All credit union products and services are subject to membership eligibility. All loans are subject to credit review.