Hawaii Schools Federal Credit Union membership is an exclusive benefit available to individuals who are affiliated with the State of Hawaii's Department of Education, public school system.
More specifically, those who meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Any student/participant of any school, program, or facility operated by the State of Hawaii's Department of Education including all public and all public charter schools (K-12).
- Any student/participant of any education and activity program conducted on public school campuses such as the A+ after school program and after school language programs.
- Any employee/retiree of the State of Hawaii's Department of Education.
- Any employee/retiree of the Hawaii State Teachers Association (HSTA).
- Any employee/retiree of the Hawaii Federation of Teachers.
- Any employee/retiree of the National Education Association.
- Any member of the State of Hawaii's Board of Education.
- An immediate family member — comprising a parent or grandparent, spouse, sibling, child or grandchild, or household member — of any qualifying individual.
Please note: A member may retain his/her membership on the basis of "once a member, always a member" status.